Spa "Junaković"Banja Junaković (Junaković Spa) is situated in the northeast of Serbia, on the north-west of Backa, Voivodina, 4km away from Apatin, at the very edge of the wood.
The guests of the Spa have at their disposal sport fields, open-air and indoor swimming pools and sauna bath. The Spa is extremely suitable for athletes’ preparations.
The first thermal springs on this area had been opened in 1913, but thorough water analysis was not made until 1927 when it was established that the thermal water of this spa went to the same category with water from Karlovy Vary, (Czech Republic), Harkan (Hungary) and Lipik (Croatia). By the end of 1983 the first phase of building of the spa Junaković was completed which resulted with water supplying from three new wells. In 2000 year, the new part of the object was built which increased accommodation capacity, so the spa possesses 270 beds and three restaurants.
Spa Junaković is offering the following services:
- Rehabilitation health service of the ambulance and stationary type
- Organization of the seminars and symposiums (one and more days lasting)
- Organized rehabilitation for the working and retired people
- The closeness of Apatin with its hunting areas enables organized accommodation for the hunters
- Complex of the outdoors pools, football and handball fields, tennis courts,athletics track, weightlifting room, indoor therapy pool and two saunas enable organization of the sportsmen trainings. Football fields and the sports center in nearby Apatin also contribute to this.
The temperature of thermal-mineral waters is up to 60 degrees Centigrade.